Friday, February 3, 2023

The Moving Finger (my first Miss Marple!!)

After wrapping up The Mysterious Affair at Styles last week, I began to wonder how different Miss Marple would be from Poirot so I immediately perused the library...and all that was available was Miss Marple mystery number three : The Moving Finger.  Ironically, I didn't :"meet" Miss Marple until the last part of the book and then she appeared only briefly, as almost an after-thought.

I liked this book, but am interested to read more, to get a real feel for who she is, because I definitely did not get a good handle on her character from the brief interactions in this book.  I enjoyed this book, I did not figure it out until the very end when it was revealed.  My favorite quote also came at the very end but it was too good not to include it:

“Yes, it was dangerous, but we are not put into this world, Mr. Burton, to avoid danger when an innocent fellow-creature’s life is at stake. You understand me?”

Other than this, at the beginning of the week I was recovering from a tummy bug and furiously reading to finish the last of my books for Brighter Winter, we moved forward with our school assignments, I discovered a new Bible study group on F*cebook (I recently joined), and today we made (and ate) oatmeal m&m cookies - a delicious way to end the week.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this one yet. I think I mentioned in my review of Murder at the Vicarage that Miss Marple seemed almost like a secondary character. Not sure if this is the way it is in every book??

    ReplyDelete