Wednesday, February 8, 2023

The Wollstonecraft Detective Agency #1

by Jordan Stratford

OK, so this is a super cute read.  I chose it for several reasons...number one - it was one of the recommended middle grade reads for detectives (from the links provided on this weeks' 52 book post) and I am always looking for books that make super cute read-alouds for days when our struggles demand something lighter and cuter.  Something that can steer our ship around in a quest for smoother waters.  

This book fit the bill perfectly.

Number two, I was able to use this as a book to fit the challenge of my Brighter Winter February square: read an entire book in a day.  I originally planned to read The Kneeling Christian by an unknown Christian for this challenge.  But although I started off great, I just didn't get it done in a day, I knew I would need to try again.  I was really impressed with a number of the participants choosing long books, I specifically chose a shorter book so that I could complete the challenge...and still struggled to do it.  But what a great struggle to have, right?  

It is such an amazing luxury to get to read an entire book in one day.  

The beauty and sweetness of reading from start to finish in a short period of time is that you get fully immersed in the story, the characters come alive, and it is sometimes so jolting to realize that it is dinner time and you are, in fact, not hovering above a London home in a improvised hot air balloon with Lady Ada Byron (genius Lady Ada Byron!) or ensconced in the library with Mary Godwin trying to balance Peebs tutelage with the intricacies of a friendship with Ada...

This book is so cute!  Highly recommend!

The Kneeling Christian by an unknown Christian

WOW!  This book was two parts convicting and three parts inspiring.  I LOVED this book.  I was so ashamed of the lack of prayer in my life, but so inspired to begin that yesterday I dropped my husband off at work so that I could drop by the store to pick up index cards.  I am going to write my prayers and post them all over the house...so that we can revel in and rest in the faithfulness and goodness and mercy of God.  The first prayer card I posted yesterday was for those suffering and lost in the horrible earthquake of Turkey and Syria.  

Highly recommend this book!!

1 comment:

  1. The Wollstonecraft Detective Agency sounds cute! You are right, it is a luxury to be able to start and finish a book in the same day.

    ReplyDelete