Saturday, March 16, 2024

Murder in an Irish Cottage

by Carlene O'Connor

Since the action (murder) takes place on summer solstice and summer is mentioned several times...I am logging this as one of my June mystery picks.

I LOVE the Irish cozy mystery series by Carlene O'Connor, I especially love to read during the day and listen to it as I fall asleep at night.  The narrator does a FABULOUS job.  With that said, this one took me forever to get in to.  In fact I started to read it three separate times before I was able to stick it out.

I am so glad that I kept trying.

Once you reach chapter ten or so, the story really takes off and the mystery draws you in.  There are little clues dropped throughout the entire book, so in one chapter I thought it was one person and a few chapters later I was asking myself, 'why in the world did I think it was ____, because clearly it is _________?!? Only to once again bounce back to the original suspect 😊.

This week I also needed a spot of comfort and familiarity (rough week!) in my reading, so I re-listened to Snow Queen by K.M. Shea.  

Happy St. Patrick's Day (tomorrow)!  🍀

No comments:

Post a Comment