Saturday, April 6, 2024

What I (did NOT) read this week

So, in terms of the reading challenge, this week was an abysmal failure.

I started The Story by Randy Frazee and did NOT like it.  I got to chapter sixteen and just could NOT finish it.  It is a re-telling/paraphrase/overview of the Bible...but I just did NOT like his take on a lot of passages and ultimately could not finish it, no matter how much I encouraged myself just to keep going so I could check a box...I could not do it.  

I started Apprentice of Magic by K.M. Shea.  This is a book about Angelique, a side character that is woven throughout the Timeless Fairytale series.  It is her backstory.  I am enjoying it, but started it too late to finish it for the week's challenge.  I am not a big magic/fantasy person - but this one is light and easy and I love K.M. Shea so I am enjoying it.

I paused my Bible reading to tackle The Story, so I did not even do that this week.  I have missed my mornings spent tucked into God's Word.

Welp, that's about it.  It was another crazy busy week (unfortunately it also marked the end of the Bible study we have been attending and I am sad about that.  Fall is a looooong way off right now.  *sigh*)

Here is to a beautiful weekend  💖 and a better week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment