Saturday, May 18, 2024

A Quiet Place in the Country

by T.E. Kinsey

A Lady Hardcastle mystery.

I don't remember how I stumbled upon this book.  I think Audible had it on sale one time, you know the sales that offer the first in a series for super cheap to get you hooked?  Well, since we traveled this past week, I popped in my headphones on the long drive (seriously it was such a looooong drive) and immediately was soon drawn into the story.  It helped the miles pass by and kept me awake when it was my turn to drive.  

Lady Hardcastle and her ladies' maid (Miss Armstrong) move to the countryside for a quieter life.  All is going swimmingly until they step through a clearing and come upon a dead body.  My favorite, favorite part of this book is that it is told from the perspective of the companion/maid Miss Armstrong and she is so funny!  I love how Lady Hardcastle and her interact - their conversations and witty repartee are utterly delightful.  I also absolutely LOVE the narrator - she does a spectacular job.  Highly recommend this book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment