Wednesday, May 22, 2024

How to Steal a Dog...and one more

How to Steal a Dog by Barbara O'Connor
This is THE cutest book.  This book was one that one of mine read and said, "You have to read this!" So, I did.  

Oh my - this is such a good book.  This is the second book by Barbara O'Connor that I have read and I really REALLY really like her writing style.  

Georgianna and her mom and little brother, Toby, have fallen on some hard times.  REALLY hard.  Their dad up and left and now they live out of a car...with no end in sight.  So, with despair eating away at what little resolve Georgianna had left, she comes up with an outrageously bad idea...Toby and her need to steal a dog and collect the reward money.  Because that reward money will be just the ticket out of their beat up, stinky old car and into a real live home.

HIGHLY recommend.

Engaged in Trouble by Jenny B Jones

This is my second or third time through this story.  It is pretty cute.  Some of the side comments I felt like she could have left out, but overall, I have enjoyed Jenny B Jones as an author.  The mystery is very cozy and Paisley is just the perfect amount of awkward, making this a cute and easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment