Friday, June 7, 2024

Inexpressible

HESED and the Mystery of God's Lovingkindness by Michael Card

I cannot remember how or where that I first heard of the word HESED but I do remember thinking WOW - I HAVE to learn more.  It is a Hebrew Word that cannot actually be translated accurately - so it has an entire list of possibilities of what it could (and is) translated to in our Bibles, with lovingkindness being the most favored.  I LOVE this word.  I googled it last year and long story short stumbled on this book (and a workbook) on Amazon.  I finally ordered it last summer when I realized it was on sale (only to get it and realize I had accidentally ordered the workbook.  😶 Funny enough, I JUST realized that the workbook is not even by the same author as the book - ha!)  

It has taken me a long time to carve out time to read this book because I wanted to enjoy it - not rush through it and I am so glad that I waited.  Because this book IS amazing!  It is SO so SO good.  

This week I also read Sincerely, Secretary of Doom (High Court of the Coffee Bean Book 2) by Jennifer Kropf

I was SO SO excited for this book to release...but it took the first fifteen chapters for me to get in to the story.  I am not sure if it was because I was so distracted with things going on, busy prepping and driving to appointments etc;, or what, but I almost put it down several times.  Then finally chapter sixteen turned the tide and I am SO happy I pushed through.  It is a good book and I just heard the audio book was released (thankfully with the same narrator as the first one), so I am excited to give it a listen later this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment