Monday, August 20, 2012

This Morning

The air is chilly, beautiful, lit with a magical sunlight
that seems to shimmer and shine on every thing it touches.

My coffee is almost ready
the smell wafting through the kitchen.

My three still tucked in tight,
clutching blankets, stuffed animals, and those last precious moments of sleep.

I sit down and think about today.
So much to do, how would we go about doing it?

And then I remember I need to pray and seek Him first.
So my heart utters these words:

May God bless us today
as we study, learn, and grow in who He is and what He wants.
May God grant us the ability
to see Him, to know Him, to love Him with all of our hearts and souls.

May we count the way He loves.
The whirl of a fan, the turn of a leaf, or the song of a bird.
The slam of a door, the torrent of tears, or the trying of patience.
In each moment is tucked a facet of who He is.
If we but stop a moment and simply count the way He loves.

So I am off to grab a mug and wish my handsome husband a great day.
Then I will tiptoe in and wake up my three snugglies.


No comments:

Post a Comment