Saturday, March 2, 2013

Heavy & Day Six(ish)

Some days are hard.  Extraordinary circumstances bear down heavily on all of your ordinariness.  The tears burn the back of my eyes, I blink them back.  Swallow the lump, and try again.  And again.  And again.

Yesterday, obviously, I did not post my plan for kindness.  Oops.  We got so busy trying to just survive the day :), and that is ok.  Surviving is good.  Today I am going to pray for my children and my husband and do a creative journaling page for each of them.  I would like to make this a weekly habit (the journal page) and give it to them when they are older (my kids, not my husband :) he can see his now). 

We already trace their handprint and write a verse or character trait that we commit to praying for them over for the entire year.  When they graduate and move out, we want to give them their handprint books to take with them.  Not that the prayers will stop, I anticipate they will only intensify :).  But if they are having a bad day, if they feel like life is too much, they could pull this out and remind themselves that no matter what else unfolds, they have two prayer warriors in their corner. 

May my husband and I continually bend on our knees, so they can stand tall and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment