Thursday, April 30, 2015

B90 Day 4

Today was a day of dr appts for one of my children, never a fun day...but it felt somewhat productive, so that's good I guess.  I did most of today's reading in the lobby of one of the appts, I am so close to finishing today's selection, but two and a half chapters short of actually completing it.

Sigh.

I am worn out from talking, listening, thinking, being a momma...so I will get up tomorrow and His mercy will be fresh and I will plug on in my reading :).

One good thing though is that my husband was off and so during the hour + drive to one of the doctors offices I talked to him about yesterday's reading.  You see yesterday I noticed something I had never noticed before but when it came time to blogging about it, I wasn't quite sure how to articulate what was racing through my mind.  Laban knew of God, but from reading vs. 24 - 55, I was left wondering did Laban ever surrender and allow God to become his one and only?  It bothered me, because when it's all said and done, just knowing who God is isn't enough is it?  Its what you do with what you know that matters.  I can be thirsty and know that getting a cup of water would help me,  could even go get the cup of water and tell others - it would be so good to drink this cup of water - but stop short of actually drinking it myself.

I would still be thirsty.

I don't want to be thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment