Saturday, December 16, 2017

Happy Holidays

I hope your holiday season has been beautiful.  My husband has been off for the past few days, it has been GLORIOUS.  Even though he worked most of one day in his study and we had a day full of doctor appointments another, there is something so awesome about his just being here, you know what I mean?  Outside of my kids, my husband is my favorite person on earth.  I am sad to see Monday come because I know it will be back to long days and late nights. 

I was sad to hear that the pastor RC Sproul passed away this week.  I love listening to his sermons online and know that we, as Christ followers, have lost a great voice in defense of, explanation of, and reveling in the Gospel.  May God comfort his family, friends, and church members. 

We baked cookies this week and spiced nuts.  We passed them out to neighbors, but I somehow managed to eat the most...I felt like a stuffed turkey when I went to bed on Thursday night.  :(

My middle child got up with me early this morning, we took our elderly dog in the car and traveled to Starbucks.  I am now happily sipping my peppermint hot chocolate.  Just another week, and then it will be time to face reality.  The reality of, I cannot eat and drink whatever I want without gaining lots of weight.  Pooh.  So oatmeal, salads, fruit smoothies, and lots and lots of water will be my menu to choose from.

I chose our word to govern our school year in 2018 and the word to govern my life in 2018.  Fluency for school (fluency in everything - learning until we are fluent in whatever is in front of us - be it math, science, latin, history etc;).  And Holiness for me.  I want my life to be saturated in holiness. 

1 comment:

  1. My daughter is on a special diet but she told me she is using Christmas as an excuse to eat a few favorite foods. Her recipe for Sticky Toffee Pudding was in Sally Clarkson's latest book. She made it last week and said she HAD to eat her share.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete