Sunday, May 27, 2018

Planning for the next School Year



There is something inherently exciting about looking forward to the next school year.  This past year was less than stellar, with so many ups and downs and interruptions.  I am SO glad to put it behind us and look forward in hope.

I am excited to peruse the new reading lists and fill out tentative lesson plans, excited to think about all that my kids could learn and explore and experience.  I just hope it's a little less adventurous than the year we just completed.

Guess what?  I have THREE green tomatoes on my tomato plant.  I am SO excited.  I cannot believe we are actually growing things.  My kids and I planted flowers and vegetables and a butterfly bush for the first time this year and we have had THE BEST time waking up every day and checking to see how things have grown.

*Update from our three weeks of craziness.  Our 14yo dog (pictured below) had to be rushed back to the vet two more times.  He is on some strong pain meds, muscle relaxers, and an anti-inflammatory - but still is in pain and is not eating or drinking much.  I am so sad because this is literally the sweetest dog - we rescued him from the pound twelve years ago and he has just been so sweet to our family.  Patient as my kids grew up and rolled all over him and dressed him up, patient as they squeezed too tight in hugs and steadfast as he was often times the last to get attention at the end of long days.  He is so laid back.  For the longest time, we were convinced he did not know how to bark, he was that quiet.


The thought that he is now hurting and there is little but time and meds we can give him, it makes me sad.  Animals are such a big part of our lives, they truly provide a therapy - a connection - that even the most highly trained professionals cannot foster.

Oh and my tooth was not infected, I had a sinus infection.  Once I started the antibiotic, I felt much, much better.  I am SO happy the past three weeks are over, looking forward to a calmer, peaceful, boring month of June.  ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment