Thursday, June 18, 2020

I have been thinking recently, mostly worrying if I am honest.

About racism and how it has affected the lives of those around me...

About judgment and persecution...

About anger and justice and mercy...

About staying quiet to not add your voice to the fray...

About listening and hearing (because they are not the same)...

About staying quiet and being complicit and about speaking up and being complicit...

About standing up for the persecuted, the oppressed...

About serving others, treating them how I want to be treated, letting them go first, being willing to be wronged...

About how we as humans are so quick to judge someone on their appearance, their abilities (or disabilities - we experience this one first hand all of the time)...

About all of the broken hearts in this world that just want someone to come alongside them and do life with them.  Listening to them, praying for them, serving them...

I ask myself - what can I do - a stay at home homeschool mom?  I began by asking myself, what would I want to be on the receiving end of ...

Reach out to that person that is hurting and let them know you see them, you hear them, you are praying for them.  As painful as it can be, listen - truly listen and hear - what your critics have to say.  Most of the time their frustration has reached this point because they have been speaking for a looooong time and it feels like no one has cared to listen.  Choose a book for your next read that is from an opposing viewpoint, you may be surprised to discover what you will learn.  Write letters and pray for the leaders - local, state, national.

But mostly...

Most of all, keep my eyes on God.  Stay deeply tucked into His Word.  Pray for those that you consider your enemies.  Ask Him to show you where you need to change and then get busy about what He shows you.  Gather those that you love, friends & family, around you for no other purpose than to make much of Him (was reminded of this again today in reading a tweet by Paul Washer - I love Paul Washer!!!)  Talk about Christ, sing about Him, and to Him.  Talk about how He has been faithful, talk about what justice means.  Revel in His mercy, drink it deeply into your soul, so that you can shovel it right back out.

Do justice.

Love kindness.

Walk humbly with God.  Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment