Sunday, November 8, 2020

When you have been a bit of an idiot (on purpose or quite by accident)

*sigh*
It seems like I am always doing something that I need to apologize for.  I could give a lot of good, legitimate reasons for most of the screw-ups, but the fact of the matter is that I spectacularly fail at slowing down enough to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.  And in the rushing from to and fro, inevitably I do something that either hurts someone else, embarrasses myself, or messes up something that I then have to go back and re-do.
*sigh* 

I hate when I make a mistake that causes someone else pain and hurt the most.  You can say you're sorry, but you cannot undo your actions or unsay your words, and that is the WORST feeling.

So what to do?  

Well, once I have done the obvious - apologize and attempt to make amends, may I learn to sit with the sting that is left over, and may I take the time to let that sting teach me to proceed cautiously in speech and action.  May I learn to let that sting sit long enough to form a more compassionate and forgiving heart in me, so that when someone speaks or acts towards me without thought (or even when they speak and act in malice), I may be ready to forgive fully and without reservation and not quick to judge or condemn them.

Psalm 19:14

14 
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment