Thursday, August 26, 2021

A little of this and a little of that...

If you are like us and are looking for ways to make a difference in the Afghanistan crisis...I have found two reputable places/programs/people that you can give through - 

1) Urgent Radical - this is an organization that David Platt began to help churches and Christians spread the gospel.  Urgent is the specific quest to make sure the money and resources goes specifically to unreached people groups around the world.  Click here to go to their urgent website - and then scroll down and you will see the areas and countries of focus.  If you click on them (for example Afghanistan) - it will give you all kinds of information.  It really is a neat website.  Anyhow, I am not affiliated with Radical in any way other than my family and I have given to their work over the years as well as attended Secret Church via simulcast.  I absolutely love this ministry and know that if you choose to support them, they have people on the ground in Afghanistan to help.  Here is a specific link to the crises unfolding now in Afghanistan.

2) O.U.R. rescue is an organization that specifically helps with human trafficking.  The Nazarene Fund is a sister organization in which Tim Ballard works closely with Glen Beck to also end human trafficking.  I am new to both of these, I found O.U.R. through Gardy's Story   We have only donated a handful of times to this ministry, but would like to do more in the future.  I do not listen to Glen Beck, but have read the instagram and email updates letting their supporters know that together with Tim Ballard they are raising funds and are already boots on the ground, filling planes and evacuating vulnerable people from Afghanistan.

More importantly, may we pray ceaselessly, as if it were our son or daughter, husband or wife, trapped there - Hebrews 13:3.

Since I finished B90, I was looking for a way to stay plugged in to the Word of God, and go deeper, so finally I settled on this Bible Study.  After starting it this morning, I am SO very excited about it.  It is called Studying the Holy Scriptures by Paul Washer.  


And finally what we are reading:

Hitty: Her First Hundred Years by Rachel Field - oh my goodness I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book 💝.  My middle girl and I are reading this together and enjoying every.single.minute.

Brother's Keeper by Julie Lee - this book is about the Korean war in the early 50's.  My oldest and I are reading this one together and it is SO SO SO good.

Hello, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty MacDonald.  My youngest and I decided we would go back and read all of the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle that we own - this is THE best trip down memory lane.  Both that I read these to the girls when they were little and also all of the lovely memories of various Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books that were read to me by my mom, Ms. Kelly, and Mrs. Revelette.

Hammer of God by Bo Giertz and The Last Hour by Amir Tsafarti are two that I am REALLY enjoying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment