Sunday, September 12, 2021

Last week was a long week...

My husband got sick last Sunday and as the week wore on - he got progressively sicker until we landed in our local ER Friday morning.  He is home and I (think) slowly feeling better, but still pretty sick - this is a nasty stomach virus.  

My heart hurts for those that had hard goodbyes this week and for those that marked the 20th anniversary of 9/11.  My heart goes out to all of the families with someone they love in a hospital - I was reminded of the very real heaviness of sitting in a hospital room, waiting for test results - waiting for the doctor to tell you what is wrong...time seems to stand still, barely crawling forward.  So many thoughts race through your mind and it is so much easier to text someone else to pray for you, because sometimes it feels like the words won't or can't come.  There were several doors with warning signs on them, so I knew those people were battling COVID and I just prayed for them - for the strength and endurance to face this battle and for fortitude for their family and friends.  

I also re-hurt my knee (yes again) last Friday (right before labor day).  I went on a walk and as I was walking uphill, I pulled my calf muscle - it was immediate - I knew something was wrong.  I depend a lot on my surrounding muscles to stabilize that knee (I tore my ACL several years ago).  So walking has been more along the lines of hobbling this week.  

So, all in all, this has been a looooong week.  It has been oddly quiet, my husband, who is like my second half - has been out of commission and I miss him.  I hate seeing him suffer, I hate seeing him tired and weak and sick.  I want to do something to make it better, but truly sometimes all you can do is come along side and go through it with them.  Here is hoping for a better week this week - 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment