Sunday, February 4, 2024

January

seemed to go on and on and on...like on the 31st I felt like celebrating that all 476 days of January were finally over.  

Life has been so wonky recently.  

It seems like every time I turn around something else goes wrong...with the house, the car, health struggles...it feels overwhelming.  But instead of recounting all of that - let me recount all the things going right recently:

I have been studying Psalm 37 and thinking a lot about it and in doing so came across this post.  The title of the blog (Be Stirred, Not Shaken) caught my attention first...isn't that the BEST name with such a GREAT reminder?  But after reading the first post (in a series of six) I was really intrigued.  I am including the link (hope all are as good as the first one, but haven't read past the first one yet and have not read anything else posted on their blog).

Bible study resumed!  YAY!!!  We are studying the book of Esther this semester and it looks like it will be fantastic.  I absolutely love the lady who teaches the first half of the class.

We got some snow.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE snow.  I love winter time and cold mornings and hot coffee and comfy robe and slippers.  

My husband has been working from home quite a bit this month and let me tell you - it is the BEST.  

Since we have been gone so much for so many appointments this past month, our little Chihuahua has been extra cuddly and he is THE cutest furry guy around.  I just love Buddy so very much.

I have read and listened to some really good books so far in 2024 and right now am reading Anne of Green Gables for Brighter Winter.  Any time I get to read Anne is a great time.  (I originally started reading Anne in January, but when I realized one of the challenges was to read a book about orphan/foster care...I decided to stop and pick it up in February, so really I have gotten a double dose of the first part of the book and really, could anything be better?!?!)

I got an iced latte the other day from my favorite bagel shop when we had to travel for another day of appointments and YUM - those are the best!

My husband and I are still working our way through Naruto (this is my first anime series) and my favorite character is Kakashi Sensei.  We usually watch together at lunch on the weekends, but today we won't get to because he is taking his dad out to lunch.   

Well, after writing this post I feel so much better.  God has been so faithful through all of the bumpy and unexpected twists and turns that have unfolded. 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment