Sunday, January 8, 2012

snuggled close on the bed

we dived into another comical adventure of TumTum and Nutmeg. Hearing their giggles, sensing their rapt attention, feeling their warm bodies all squished up next to me kept me reading long past when it was time for lights out. I glanced up and met eyes so like mine it startled me for a moment. It was like looking in a mirror that erased twenty years off of my life. Turning my attention back to the book I read on about the hilarious General Marchmouse and his propensity to run head long into a situation without thought I glanced again at the grinning faces and had to resist the urge to pinch myself. I have the greatest job in the world. True the pay sucks and the hours are long and there is no sick time or vacation time and depressingly enough I do work myself out of a job :) - but all things considered, it is still amazingly awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment