Sunday, February 26, 2012

Anne spelled with an 'e'

I have a short list of comfort movies :

Anne of Green Gables (1 & 2)...never seen number 3
Wives and Daughters (Elizabeth Gaskell)
Pride & Prejudice (Keira Knightley version)
North and South (Elizabeth Gaskell)
Sound of Music
Fiddler on the Roof

I wish I could stroll through the beauty of Prince Edward Island with Anne and Diana as my tour guides. I wish that I could be Molly's confidante in Wives and Daughters and Elizabeth Bennett's best friend in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I would celebrate Shabbat with Tevia and sit at their table and soak it all in. I would sing with Maria on the hills and walk the path with Margaret as she seeks to find her place in Northern England. Life would be SO much easier if we had a script to follow :), but then it would be boring and predictable. Life right now, for us, is not boring or predictable.

We are currently trying to get our doggie used to outside, to say he is pampered would be the understatement of the year. We rescued him from the pound about six years ago and he was mat trained. It took me FORever to figure that out, but once I did we settled into a (mostly) nice routine. Now however our life is changing and we find ourselves needing him to get used to spending more time than usual outside. Well since I CANNOT stand to listen to him whine, it makes me SO sad, I find myself also standing outside. This morning was particularly nippy and so I gripped my steaming mug of Italian Roast close and let the fragrant steam warm my cheeks. Then I heard it. THE BIRDS are returning and the trees were alive with the most beautiful sound. I looked down and Tanner sat right beside my feet, not doing his doggie business, but seeming to soak in the beauty as well. Silly, sweet, cuddly mutt that he is, he is a great companion to stand outside with on a cold morning and listen to the sounds of Spring come alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment