Saturday, June 13, 2015

B90 Proverbs part two

other verses I love:

Have you heard the statement what is eaten in secret will be worn in public?  When I read through chapter 9, and the woman Folly calls out and says, 'food eaten in secret is delicious' (verse17), I immediately thought of that statement.  It applies to our thoughts as well, what we think in private will become our spoken words and actions done in public.

Chpt 14:26
He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress,
and for his children it will be a refuge.

South Beach phase one is tough.  Especially when you love bread and fruit as much as I do.  I found a verse to encourage me when I restart it on Tuesday morning.
Chpt 15:17
Better a meal of vegetables where there is love
than a fattened calf with hatred.

Parenting wisdom is abundant and plenty throughout these chapters.  A few of my favorites are
Chpt 19:18
Discipline your son, for in that there is hope;
do not be a willing party to his death.

Chpt 23:12
Apply your heart to instruction
and your ears to words of knowledge.

Chpt 24:3&4
By wisdom a house is built,
and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled
with rare and beautiful treasures.

Chpt 27:19
As water reflects a face,
so a man's heart reflects the man.
This verse reminds me of Matthew 12:34 and Luke 6:45

No comments:

Post a Comment