Friday, September 27, 2024

This week

So, I wrapped up reading Wednesday Wars out loud.  Crying through the last few chapters.  I LOVE this book SO SO much!

Finished a K.M. Shea book called, The Lies of Vampires and Slayers.  These are NOT the typical books I like to read, actually they are way outside of my comfort zone because I am NOT a big supernatural fiction reader.  However, I really like K.M. Shea's style of writing.  She is really, really good at drawing a reader in and making them forget they are actually sitting at home in a living room sneaking in a few minutes of reading between all of the zillions of things they have to do - that is why I like her books so much.  So, when I pick up one of her books and I have to try really hard to dive into the story and find myself wanting to get to the next chapter simply because I hope the story improves, not because I cannot wait to see what happens...that is SO disappointing.  So, this week, I kind of feel like I wasted my reading choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment