Wednesday, May 9, 2018

This Morning

I was walking one of our doggies, glorying in the most beautiful of mornings - skies were gorgeous, birds were singing, a gentle breeze was blowing...


When all of a sudden a sharp sting in my foot made me look down and what did I see there?!?!  A wasp!  Hanging on to my foot for dear life.  I was NOT happy.  I'm terrified of having an allergic reaction to a wasp or bee sting.  So I freaked out (my dog looked at me like I was a looney tune).  *sigh*


Ironically we just studied wasps in science yesterday.  I think this one was a digger.  On a side note, see my toenails?  My youngest painted them yesterday while I was reading Little Women aloud.  😊


See the picture below?  We watched a silkworm/caterpillar (*not sure what it was) crawl back up it's piece of silk thread - it was balling it up as it went (can you see it?).  We stood under that tree for a long time, completely enchanted with that little guy.


I was not enchanted with the wasp though.


1 comment:

  1. We have yellow jackets in our backyard. I try to have a live and let live attitude with them but when they get aggressive on the porch, it is time to get the spray out!

    ReplyDelete