Friday, March 5, 2021

February Reading Stack

 February was not a great reading month for me, that is to say, I started some great books, but did not complete any (except for one, and it was a read aloud).  *sigh*  There are SO many great ones in my TBR stack, I fear I have become  "The Boy and the Filberts", greedily grasping, but never finding contentment in what I can get done.  

I want to finish each of these titles before moving on to more. (with the exception of one very important title I am squeezing in: Finally Focused by James Greenblatt, MD)

Journey to the Cross: Devotions for Lent by Will Walker (this actually won't draw to a close until April, as it is meant to be an ongoing book over the forty days of Lent)

The Brave Learner by Julie Bogart - roughly half-way through this one

The Warden and the Wolf King - I am having to balance this book with others for my girls, so that the heaviness does not trigger/overwhelm issues.

The Spirituality of the Cross by Gene Edward Veith Jr. - two more chapters to go.

Adventures with Waffles by Maria Parr - reading aloud 

Betsy-Tacy Treasury by Maud Hart Lovelace - reading aloud.  This is one we pick up as we can, slowly making our way through the sweet, sweet stories.

8 Class Pets + 1 Squirrel / 1 Dog = Chaos by Vivian Vande Velde (this is a FAVORITE of ours.  We have read this book SO many times, when we are having a bad day, I will check to see if it's available at the library - I need to just buy a copy of it, since it so beloved.  This is SUCH a fun, silly book, great for bad days when nothing else is working - this almost always elicits giggles by chapter two.  We finished this in one afternoon.)

The Bookwanderes by Anna James - had to return it to the library before I could finish it and it just came available again, only on chapter three,

Helping Your Child With Language-Based Learning Disabilities by Daniel Franklin, PhD - reading slowly to take notes and work through exercises that Homeschooling with Dyslexia posted when she took her community through the book (two-ish years ago?).  I did not have the time then, nor did I own the book.  So...this is going to take a while, but that's ok - this is too important of a topic to zip through just to check off a box.

And that's it for now.  I am off to squeeze in a bit of reading as I can - I will write about the impact each of the books had after I complete them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment