Monday, June 28, 2021

This morning I found out that one of my cousins has leukemia, stage four.  I am not sure where her heart is in terms of does she believe Jesus unto salvation?  And the finality of that - the reality that life comes to an end - sometimes sooner than we expect it to (she is only 48 or 49 years old).  I wonder - does she feel the brevity of life?  The weight of her decisions and seek for some sort of meaning in the suffering?  Does she know that each breath is a grace and a call?  A grace that God has given her this moment to accept His Son, and His call on her heart to submit, surrender, and believe?  Does she feel the weight of eternity? 

Sometimes it feels like just yesterday - the summers spent in wading pools, Fridays at the beauty shop with my grandmother and a new book of paper dolls, cook-outs at my grandparents, piano lessons with my great grandmother...but then she went one direction and I another and so much more of life was lived as strangers, than as friends.  I am sorry she has suffered, I am sorry her life has been so hard.  

But there is still time.  

Does she realize there is still time?  

That God stands at the end, waiting with open arms.  That He cares and He loves her with an unfailing love.  That He is more than able and willing to carry her this final stretch.  I don't know where she stands - but God does.  And I can carry her in prayer to Him, His hands are more than capable of carrying all of the unknowns and more.

God, please, in Your infinite wisdom and patience, lift the blinders off of her eyes, help her to see You, to know You, to taste and see that You are good.  Comfort her with the truth that Your love is faithful and unending and unfailing.  May she accept Your Son - the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  Grant her salvation and eternal life.  In Jesus' name I pray this.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment