Friday, July 16, 2021

Sooo....

 This week my husband had a birthday πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆ!!!  I have spent this week cramming a LOT of reading and listening into any free moment I can find so that I can narrow the gap of where I was to where I should be in my B90.  I have also spent time outside working hard in the mornings before it gets too hot trying to tame our jungle.  It seems like with the crazy winter weather we had that everything had an extra dose of ambition to grow stronger, faster, longer this summer.  

  I met a good friend for coffee last night.  I absolutely love getting together with her πŸ’.  She is one of those people you just pick back up where you last left off and just enjoy their presence so very much.  My husband held down the fort while I was gone and it was such a sweet time.

  Our dog Tanner developed an infection in his privacy area.  I don't want to go in to too much detail, because well let's face it, those kinds of things are uncomfortable and no one wants to hear about it, much less talk about it.  But we got some meds and I 'think' he is on the mend?  He is 17 and partially paralyzed...so it's kind of hard to tell one problem from another at this point.

  I got a new book in the mail yesterday - it is called Journal Me Organized by Rebecca Spooner.  I love bullet journaling and I love doodling, so I have high hopes that this book is going to somehow motivate me to accomplish my goals.  Which speaking of goals, I will be 45 this year and I was reading over my goal list recently and realized I have had the SAME goals for the past five years and that REALLY, really, REALLY discouraged me.  The days seem to zip by and then when I look back, I realize - wow those days added up to weeks, months, and then years and I am not where I thought I would be personally and that is so discouraging.  Granted, I do have a lot on my plate - special needs teens, pets that require(d) a lot of care, homeschooling, appointments (the appointments alone are SO time consuming)...that I just seem to cut corners where I can and that has meant cutting corners in my personal growth.  BUT I am also TERRIBLE at time management.  So I want to work on that area to find pockets of time (iPhone/Instagram/texting/news scrolling) to work on my goals.  How about you - where are you most tempted to waste time?

  Well, I am wishing you the loveliest of weekends & a productive Friday πŸ’Ÿ

No comments:

Post a Comment