Saturday, July 10, 2021

B90 week seven

*I am just going to post the email I wrote, instead of rewriting a blog post about what I (didn't) read this week.

Sooo, this week has been a loooong week in my house.  It started off with us discovering that a hard drive failed.  My husband works in IT and had protections in place...but long story short - something went wrong and now we might have lost everything.  All pictures (from the time my girls were babies until recently), all medical documentation, all homeschool stuff I have saved and used over the years, two books I wrote...in short, everything.  Devastating is the word I would use to sum this up.  The next step is a hard drive recovery program/service - we have to purchase it, but it might be able to restore/recover what we have lost.  This is on top of the chronic medical struggles that we have, which this week was especially bumpy in this area, honestly sometimes it feels like life is too heavy, too hard.  


I share all of this with you, not so you will feel sorry for me/us.  I share this with you to confess that instead of digging in to the Word this week, I have avoided it.  Which does not make sense especially since the bulk of this week was spent in Psalms - the very place that would have lifted me out of my discouragement and encouraged me to keep on, keep trusting that God has the next step planned for.  I am REALLY behind (like five days?).  So, if this describes you - just know you are not alone.  And know that it is ok to begin again (and again and again and again), because that is the story of God, isn't it?  The grace and mercy He extends in His Son Jesus Christ to lift us out of the muck and mire of daily life, this is why we do things like Bible in 90 Days.  Not to perfectly execute a checklist, but to renew our minds and our hearts with His truth.

Tomorrow *Sunday July 11th* should find us on day 49, which means we have only five(ish) weeks left in this plan.  Let's pick back up, reorient ourselves, and dig back in and finish strong.  I am praying for you guys - hoping you have a beautiful weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment