Sunday, August 15, 2021

We are at the end

This week wraps up Bible in 90 days!  I cannot believe 90 days have passed and we have read through almost the entire Bible (I am a bit behind, but I hope to wrap it up this week, if not next!).  I love God's Word so much, and truly there is nothing like totally immersing yourself in it.  I don't want to lose that intimacy/intensity, so I think I have a plan for what's next:

  First - pick back up verse mapping.  I have really missed this!  I absolutely love this form of Bible study.  Second - I am going to combine John MacArthur's method of meditatively reading a small book of the Bible for thirty days repeatedly (or in this case, I will be breaking Romans up into 5 chapters, 5 chapters, 6 chapters for three months) and accompany this with my verse by verse study of Romans.  I started this late winter/early spring, but paused it to do the B90 challenge.  It had been too long since I had read the Bible all the way through and felt like I wasn't doing the study justice.  If I am timing this correctly, I think this plan will carry me up to late November/early December and the beautiful time of Advent.  I would also love to do a fruit of the Spirit study, maybe that will be my word of the year for 2022, and that is how I can begin the new year?  How do you guys plan to end 2021?  What Bible study/reading plans do you have in place?  

No comments:

Post a Comment