Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Praying

Last year when my family and I were going through an extremely difficult year, my mom suggested when I prayed to write a letter to God in my journal each day.  And then as time passed to go back and cite Scriptures in the margins for the heavy things, the painful things - promises that cover those problems.  Then she said after some more time has passed, go back and write how God has answered.  That simple exercise was so important for pulling me through in tact last year.  I actually wrote them on paper and placed them in an envelope - there were things I needed to share with God - raw things - I didn't want anyone else to see.  So - I offer that suggestion to you too - if you need a new way to pray - try it and see if it works for you.  

This morning I am going to pray through Ephesians 3:14-21.  This section of Scripture is what I chose to pray over my girls and my husband this year...but as I returned to it this morning, I realized that the people in Afghanistan - Myanmar - Haiti - Louisiana + areas surrounding it, people being ravaged by cancer and covid and disease and special needs/mental health struggles - what they need to make it through in tact is for God to strengthen them in the inner man with His very Holy Spirit AND for each and every person to comprehend the depth and length and breadth of God's love.  May He teach us to swim the ocean depths of His love - to lose sight of the shoreline and to plunge headlong into His love.  God has not and will not fail you - He sees you even when it feels like no one else does.  

Ephesians 3:14-21 NASB
For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; 
and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.  Now to Him is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment