Monday, February 14, 2022

I am going to add another challenge...

to the 52 Books in 52 Weeks.

The Brighter Winter Reading Challenge wraps up at the end of February and I have LOVED doing that (I wish they would come out with an entire year's challenge!).  I'll be doing a wrap up post next week for what I read and eagerly await next January.  It is such the perfect way to start the new year and recover from the holiday blues.  Does anyone else get teary that the holidays are over come January 1st?  

Anyway, I have all of my non-fiction goals set through Tim Challies, but fictional reading is so important to me.  I wanted something to take the place of Brighter Winter.  In doing the 52 Books, I realized that I have never really read the old mystery authors (actually not many mysteries at all).  I've never read Agatha Christie, but I read and liked Mary Roberts Rinehart.  I want to read more of those types of authors, so I looked around and I found the perfect addition to 52 Books: 

 "Calendar of Crime" and Bev hosts it on her blog My Reader's Block.  

I am excited to begin.  Now, to find my first book 💝...

In addition to this - I am so excited to try something else.  I watched a video this weekend (we were stuck inside most of the weekend because a tummy bug struck.  The virus was over and done in about 24 - 48 hours, but it has upset the apple cart of their underlying issues...so it has been a very looooong weekend.)  Anyway - I watched a video on how to do Jonathan Edwards note-taking system called the Miscellanies.  Have you ever heard of this?  I didn't save the link to the video, but I remember the person who made it : Pastor Matthew Everhard (he refers to himself as Pastor Matt in the video).  I am going to try it out this week in my Bible reading, as well as a color coding system that Eva Kubasiak talked about on Instagram this past week (she also emailed a video that is fantastic!). Her dad taught it to her (how neat is that?!?!) and she is sharing it with everyone else.  

So, even though we had to cancel and reschedule almost all of our appointments this coming week...and even if we stay stuck inside...I have lots to look forward to.  Oh and I almost forgot, yesterday while I was looking around for something for me, I found something for my girls!  I found an older Nancy Drew reading challenge posted on Good Reads.  I copied and pasted and printed it out and they now have a reading plan to be excited about too!!  Have a great week 💘 and Happy Valentine's Day💘!!

No comments:

Post a Comment