Wednesday, February 9, 2022

OK, so I tried it...

but did NOT like Amanda Quick's (aka Jayne Ann Krentz) romantic mystery.  So, it is Wednesday and I am essentially out two days trying to give it a decent try.  *sigh*

What I did not like :
The smut.  I used to devour romance novels.  My favorite author was Julie Garwood.  I loved, loved, loved her books.  But then the more I started reading my Bible after the birth of my firstborn, the more I realized that this writing did not honor God, and I was not honoring God by reading it.  So, I have set standards in place for what I should be reading and what I should not be reading.  This book falls most assuredly under the should not.

What I was hoping for:
I was hoping for more mystery, less references to sex, and more actual (what I consider clean) romance.

What I struggled with:
This was an author recommended to read this week for 52 weeks.  I know there will be authors I won't like and everyone else will.  I am afraid that I sound judgmental writing this, that is not my intention.  I read romance novels without any issues for a looong time.  This author was one I have heard of many, many time before and really wanted to like, but just could not.

What I am going to do now:
Try another book by a different author and hopefully get it done before Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment