Friday, February 11, 2022

Sugar Fast Friday #2

The question Wendy asks:  "what do you turn to instead of Him?" is a loaded question, is it not?  (Day Two 40 Day Sugar Fast)

In the middle of a bad day - that answer varies - a hot chocolate, 5 minute Instagram scroll, the great news hop (Fox News, state news where I live, local news, or Christian News Headlines - I guess to reassure me that there is a world bigger than the hard moment we find ourselves in?), music, funny videos, or texting - sometimes a walk or drive to change the scenery, grabbing fast food at the end of a very long day...  While. it has helped that my phone can no longer stay charged if I unplug it - I don't scroll or text or news hop as much, it is also true that I haven't put any better habits in place.  

Today, as I was reading Day Two (this is like the tenth time I have read Day Two?), I was again reminded of the fact that it is never enough to simply stop doing one thing.  

It must be a stop that and start this.  

I want my heart bound to His.  So, this next week I will meditate on the concept of returning.  Weep, mourn, grieve over the distractions that I have allowed to buffer my heart, instead of allowing His Word, His Presence to soothe.  And then daily ask Him what to do instead.  

This week I am praying: Nehemiah 1:5-9

No comments:

Post a Comment