Friday, February 25, 2022

praying for Ukraine

I woke up this morning and checked the news first thing.  This is never a good idea.  But after I read a mix of headlines and shut down the browsers, I sat here for a moment wondering what in the world to pray.  How do you pray for the innocents caught between two political ideologies?  How do you pray when it feels like chaos is exploding and reporters are sensationalizing the violence and capitalizing on the fear?  How do you pray when you hear that the orphanages are being abandoned by the people who work there so that they can save themselves and their families - meanwhile the children are left behind?

So, I googled to see if anyone like Anne Graham Lotz or Paul Washer had posted any prayer points - and I found this link from Radical (David Platt).  It gives a good jumping off point for prayer and a little more background information about how this war has been brewing for a lot longer than I realized.  

I also find myself turning to Psalm 37.  This Psalm so accurately gets to the heart of the struggle of watching evil triumph (however temporary it is).  And it reminds me that God has the final say.  And that not for a second has He stepped down off of the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment