Friday, March 25, 2022

Sermon on the Mount

Many times over the years I've spoken (and posted!) about how much I love Kari Denker's blog (it used to be called Stone Soup for Five, but is now Ordinary Kari) and her Bible studies that she publishes on her blog (or you can find them on Amazon too).  

This past week (or maybe last week?) she did a new post about a workbook companion study/workshop that she created called Studies in the Sermon on the Mount - The Beatitudes.  It is a companion to Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones Studies in the Sermon on the Mount, which are expository sermons that he preached on Matthew chapter five through seven.

I've actually had Dr. Lloyd-Jones book in my Amazon cart for a loooong time.  It is a large book (it originally was published as two volumes) and I felt fairly overwhelmed thinking of how to tackle it.  I am SO glad I waited and SO thankful that Kari and her friends went before - reading, discussing, and  writing/editing the companion workbook study to pave the way.  

I just completed chapter one which was just the General Introduction and was blown away.  This is going to be a life changing study, and the most exciting part?  When I get done, I will be very clear on what exactly it means to live the "Christian life" and exactly how I am equipped by God.  

Here is a link to check out her study and find out more details.  

2 comments:

  1. I only learned recently that all of Dr. Lloyd-Jones books are a compilation of his sermons. He was definitely a wonderful and wise preacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was - I am SO glad he agreed to release them in book form!!

    ReplyDelete