Saturday, April 23, 2022

Eyes of Justice (A Triple Threat Novel)

I have found a new favorite author!!!!  (or I guess I should say authors, but I really want to read a book by each of them as a stand alone to be sure which one (or both!) that I like so much)

I was so hesitant to try a new book again after the disastrous I Was Anastasia.  That book had such promise, but it was TOOOOOO gory and detailed (true or fiction, it didn't matter).  I skipped portions, but the worst part of that book was that you were in the middle of something before you were aware of what was about to be said and it flipped back and forth between the past and the present (the present being relative to the story), so it became almost impossible to predict when the author, Ariel Lawhon, would be about to expose yet another sickening detail.  Anyway, I almost threw the towel in on the reading challenge and retreated back to the safety or rereads.  This is supposed to be fun, not give me a stomach ache and make me feel like I need to scrub my eyeballs out afterwards.  

But then I remembered the Crime Calendar challenge and how I had not chosen my April read (incidentally now I have TWO!!) and decided to try another mystery.  

SQUEEE...I LOVED this book!  I chose it because one of the author's names is April and that was the month I needed a book for...I only later realized that the name April needs to be in the title, not in the name of the author.  

OOPS.  

Anyhow, I found Eyes of Justice by April Henry and Liz Wiehl at my library.  I didn't realize that I should have started with a different book (this is number 4 in the series) and by the time I did, I was so hooked into the story, I could not have put it down if I tried.  

I read this book in two days and have the headache (from the lack of sleep) to prove it.  It was a phenomenal book.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Nic and Allie and Cassidy.  Their friendship and their sense of justice, Allison's heart for God, their shared love of decadent desserts.  When one of the three is murdered, it turns their entire world topsy-turvy.  With two of their careers on the line, a lunatic running around (or arrested?) the grief threatens to overwhelm them.  Cassidy is a crime reporter, Allison a federal prosecutor, and Nicole an FBI agent.  Together they are committed to exposing the crime and getting justice and closure for the victims, never realizing just how close to home this pursuit of justice will hit.  

PS Just found out that the author April Henry's birth month is April!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment