Friday, April 29, 2022

The rest of what I read this week + summer reading plans...

OK - so my husband bought me the Mia Quinn trilogy by Lis Wiehl and April Henry.  I was able to find book one at my library, tore through book two (review below) by utilizing Prime Reading, and then had a slight moment of 'ought oh' when no one had book three available.  It was cheaper to buy the trilogy than to just buy book three and I am OH SO happily ensconced in Mia's world once again, chasing bad guys and trying to solve the mysteries to hold them accountable.

A Deadly Business finally, finally, answers some questions about the night that Mia's husband, Scott, died.  Please do NOT continue reading if you haven't read book one, just skip to the next paragraph.  The night that Colleen died, Mia had uncovered evidence of Scott's betrayals that had sort of just put a cherry on top of the mountain of debt he had left behind for her.  She had no idea what her husband was thinking nor what else he had lied about.  Grief is suffocating all on its own, add the shock of betrayal to it and it's the perfect storm for implosion.  With the help of Charlie (I REALLY really REALLY want Mia to choose Charlie) she uncovers layer after layer until she herself is in deadly danger.  Will Charlie and Mia figure it out before it is too late?  Will Mia be able to stand under the pressure of single parenting, Frank's (her boss) reelection campaign, and the mounting 'to-do's' of day to day life?  Not to mention the venom and hatred the accused sometimes direct directly at her?  

I know I said skip to this paragraph if you haven't read book two, but I do have to mention book three briefly, so if you are interested in my Bible reading and study plans for the summer go ahead and skip to the next paragraph 😊, if not I wish you a beautiful weekend and a lovely start to the month of May. 💖

As I said in my intro, I am happily ensconced in book three Lethal Beauty, I am on track to finish it by Saturday.  I am always afraid of giving away some detail that will deter someone from wanting to read this trilogy.  My husband is like a super sleuth...he always seems to know who did it within the first ten minutes of a movie or by the end of the first few chapters of a book, meanwhile I am happily clueless up to the very end.  So if you are a super sleuth like my husband, that is why I won't be writing a review on book three...I don't want to ruin this for you and this book seems to tie up a lot of things that have happened along the way for the entire trilogy.  So, please read this trilogy!  Join with Mia and Charlie as they race against time to decipher clues that will hopefully be the keys to finding those rocks Colleen spoke about in book one, the ones where you pull it up and bam!  you just exposed all the vileness hidden underneath.

So, for this summer, since I am over half way through the Sermon on the Mount lessons/workbook, I am going to go back through a second time.  I know there is so much I missed the first time through, although I do think Kari is writing more workbook studies to accompany the rest of the book, I want to glean as much as I can from this one.  I'm also going to be reading through the New Testament in 90 days.  Normally I try to do a Bible in 90 days at least once a year...but I really want to go slowly through the New Testament, so I am following this schedule I found online, if you are interested, I would love to have you join in!  

PS I am reading Lord of the Rings, but I decided to read it aloud, so it is going to take some time to move through this (I have the trilogy in one volume). 

No comments:

Post a Comment