Thursday, May 19, 2022

Hand of Fate

by Lis Weihl and April Henry

The ensemble cast of characters in the Triple Threat series are SO, so good.  I know I have mentioned this before, but I accidentally read the fourth (and final) book of this series before deciding to go back to the beginning.  Now, after finishing book two, I am so glad that I am taking the time to read the entire series, even if I wish I had done it in order.

This book again starts off hitting the ground running.  Cassidy (crime news/prime time news reporter), Allison (federal prosecutor), and Nicole (FBI agent) team up to track down the killer of a famous radio host.  I loved how this story started, how it developed...especially learning more about Nicole and her back story, and how the ending caught me by surprise.  I had no idea the killer was the killer until it was revealed.

What makes this series so good is how seamlessly Lis Wiehl and April Henry switch from Nic, to Allison, to Cassidy, and how their personal lives mesh with the mystery.  As the stories unfold and intertwine with each other, it feels like you really get to know the characters and the story becomes more than just words on a page.

No comments:

Post a Comment