Saturday, June 18, 2022

Sermon on the Mount

OH my.  I finished the first study that Kari has published - the one that covers chapters one through thirteen in Studies in the Sermon on the Mount by Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones.  This study has been SO incredibly amazing.  I think there are two quotes that accurately reflect this study:

"We have seen frequently in our consideration of these Beatitudes, that they do show more clearly than anything else perhaps in the New Testament, the utter fallacy and futility of imagining that men can make themselves Christian by their own efforts." pg. 123

Yes, yes they do!  

and then on page 121:

"If we are truly Christian, our desire must be, however much we may fail in practice, to live for Christ, to glory in His name, and to live to glorify Him."

Kari summed what life is supposed to be in this one beautiful line yesterday: 'for His glory and my good'

Life is meant to be for His glory and that is my good.  

If you haven't yet looked into this study, I HIGHLY recommend that you do!!  It is truly a life-changing study.  I can't wait to embark on the next portion, will you join me?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment