Saturday, June 11, 2022

Peach Cobbler Murder

By Joanne Fluke

This was a darling, darling read.  The Hallmark cast is PERFECT for every single character...except for Mike.  Cameron Mathison is just too nice to play Mike.  But Hannah and her mom and sister - PERFECT casting - exactly how I would imagine them 😊.

Two sisters Shawna Lee and Vanessa Quinn moved back to Eden Lake and opened the Magnolia Blossom Bakery,  This is NOT good news for Hannah Swenson.  The book opens with her normally busy bakery, all but empty, quiet, and her looking around trying to figure out how to keep it afloat.  And to top it off, her business partner Lisa is getting married.  When her mom, Norman, Norman's mom, and Hannah's sister Andrea get involved, they originally want to just compare peach cobblers to see if Hannah really is the top baker and will be able to hold out until the novelty wears off and the 'usuals' return to the fold.  But what always happens with Hannah?  She, trying to be a good neighbor, walks in and finds a dead body. 

The conversations, her cat Moishe, the mystery....this is such a cute read!   I loved it so much I just went back yesterday and checked out number one in the series.  (Peach Cobbler Murder is number seven)

PS I bet I end up buying some of these books because the recipes look SO good that I want to try them this coming holiday season.

PSS I made it to 52 books with the Clean Mama book I finished a few days ago!!  I think I am going to push on to 104 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment