Saturday, July 2, 2022

Journal Keeping: Writing for Spiritual Growth

This week, I continued on in the reading of my George Mueller autobiography as well as reading a book I was given several years ago: Journal Keeping Writing for Spiritual Growth by Luann Budd.

I was taken by surprise with this book - it was such an encouragement to sit with a pen early in the morning and dig into the first part.  This portion extends an invitation to write, an encouragement to revisit your writing, as well as reminding the reader of the absolute importance of writing honestly and openly, without thought or fear of someone else reading the words you pen.

As much as I liked the first part, I cherished the second section with the lessons in how to write to discover...like the true feelings that are often buried deeper than we ever usually care to dig, or in processing forgiveness, especially when the hurt runs deep.  It goes on to remind you as the reader how important writing is to learning.  Have you ever noticed that when you write things down you process it and think about it on a much deeper level than just passively taking in information?

I love to read, but I absolutely love to write.  There is something about a pen scratching across the paper that is one of my absolute favorite things in life.  This was such a neat book and I highly recommend it.

I love The Autobiography of George Mueller, I've enjoyed reading it slowly, being challenged by Mr. Mueller's faith and buoyed by God's unshakable faithfulness, Mr. Mueller's life of prayer was amazing.  I am ashamed at how little I pray, George Mueller's adult life is totally defined by prayer.  I want to emulate that.💖

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading about George Mueller's life with my kids when they were young. He did have an amazing prayer life. Before he did anything - he would pray. Certainly something worthy of emulation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a biography aloud to my girls as well, his life is so fascinating. If you get any time, try to read his autobiography - it is amazing. SO amazing.

    ReplyDelete