Thursday, August 11, 2022

Murder Past Due - A Cat in the Stack Mystery

by Miranda James

OK, so I will say this, Miranda James did a good job painting Godfrey Priest as a deplorable jerk...he was a terrible human being.  Just as soon as you think you knew about all of his dirty laundry, another piece would rise from the dust and parade itself through the town gossip circle and make you cringe.  Good grief, everyone in the story had motive. 

But, this was a dry read.  I found it SO boring.  Finally, for the last ten or so chapters, I just read as fast as I could to get it done and find out who did it.  I was surprised by the murderer, but then again, I always am.  My husband has it figured out in the first five minutes, but not me.  I'm always taken by surprise when the big reveal happens.  

This was the first Miranda James cozy cat mystery that I've read, but I definitely prefer Moishe from the Hannah Swensen mystery series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment