Thursday, August 25, 2022

The Shadow Throne

by Jennifer Nielsen

WOW.  This book did not disappoint.  

This is the final book in the original trilogy, and I LOVED it so much.  

Hands down - Mott is my absolute favorite character.  He is what everyone should experience from a friend - loyal, wise, encouraging, humorous, and not afraid to tell you when you are wrong.

My favorite quote (which, by the way, I had one from the last book, but was reading so fast that I planned to just go back and find it, because after all I couldn't possibly forget the chapter...right?!?!  I spent about twenty minutes searching for that quote, and still, never found it.  This time I highlighted my favorite quote and bookmarked it - ha) "When everything is taken from you, can you still stand before us as Jaron, the Ascendant King of Carthya?"

This book is full of such great lessons : not giving in to evil, even if it means suffering, not governing for yourself, but for your people, not shrinking back from your duties, even if you are the only one present, forgiveness, loss, and love...it is such a beautiful end to the trilogy.

I would like to amend what I said.  I feel like I now understand Sage and instead of despising him, I respect him.  

I highly recommend the trilogy!  Do yourself a favor though, if you plan on reading this, go ahead and get all three books : The False Prince, The Runaway King, and The Shadow Throne by Jennifer Nielsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment