Friday, October 13, 2023

This week...

It is hard to do a book post this week in light of the horrors that have unfolded in Israel.  I am heartbroken by the terror and devastation and loss of life.  My heart and prayers are with Israel.  

Psalm 71




This week I did pre-read a book: Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier.  It is a book we listened to years ago on Audible, but never finished.  It is well written and has a nice engaging story line - this is my favorite quote:

"There is an old saying about how easy it is to "take candy from a baby."  This saying is utterly false; anyone who has tried to take anything from a baby knows well what sort of crying, kicking, and general commotion will ensue.  It is very easy, however, for babies to take things from us."

I also started Bible in 90 days October 7th.  

I began it before word of the attacks reached us, but I am so glad that I am embarking on this journey again.  This time I chose the chronological version, I have attempted the chronological version a few times and have never been able to complete it.  I love Bible in 90 days, it is an immersive big picture journey through the Bible, Genesis to Revelation, that is unlike anything else you will try.  It's been a few years since I have completed this journey and in doing two Bible studies (Habakkuk and Daniel and then one in the book of John). I knew that I needed that big picture immersion into His Word to connect all of the dots.  

I also re-listened to Welcome to Fae Café by Jennifer Kropf at bedtime and the book is even better the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment