Sunday, October 8, 2023

I stand with Israel

I love the nation of Israel.

My great grandmother was an orthodox Jew who accepted that Jesus is the Messiah.  I love the Bible and God unequivocally tells us that His eye is never, EVER, off of Israel.  

Right now we are studying Habakkuk and Daniel in our weekly Bible study and one question that Habakkuk asks is this :

Why does evil triumph? 

I watched in horror and shock yesterday as the events in Israel unfolded and found myself asking the same thing.  Especially when the women, children, and elderly were paraded through the streets.  

We did the only thing we knew to do.  We gathered and prayed for Israel.  We held lightly what we did not understand (this evil act) and went back to what we know to be true:

We cried out that God would show Himself mighty on their behalf, that He would perform mighty and amazing deeds as He did of old. 

I know that God is still on the throne and Israel is still His land, His people, His chosen ones.  



1I lift up my eyes to the hills.

From where does my help come?

2My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth.

3He will not allow your foot to slip;

your Protector will not slumber.

4Behold, the Protector of Israel

will neither slumber nor sleep.

5The LORD is your keeper;

the LORD is the shade on your right hand.

6The sun will not strike you by day,

nor the moon by night.

7The LORD will guard you from all evil;

He will preserve your soul.

8The LORD will watch over your coming and going,

both now and forevermore.