Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Bible in 90 Days

I had planned to squeeze in a quick B90 to wrap up this year, but the funniest thing happened.  Funny isn't the correct word, but I am not sure what other word would accurately fit there in its place.

I started reading and God met me there - each morning.  The Bible just opened up and drew me in and I slowed down and savored and noted and prayed as I read.  I am finishing Joshua this morning, I don't even care if it takes me all of 2024 to finish this, I just want God to meet me in the pages morning after morning after morning.  

There are so many things I have hated about this year.  It has been such a mixed bag of good, beautiful, ugly, and awful that I am tempted to just complain about all of the awful...instead though, let me show you the beauty and good that God brought:

1) The first one that pops in my mind immediately is the fall Bible study.  It was such a beautiful surprise.

2) The Bible map on our table.  
We found a poster on amazon, sealed it with packing tape and it sits on our table now.  I LOVE it!

3) Not losing any furry best friends in 2023!  

4) The index card challenge.  



5) Brighter Winter and then immediately (or almost immediately) following the Lent challenge I did this year:


6) The books I have read in 2023 - I LOVE the reading challenges I am a part of. 

7) The yummy food and drink that I have tasted. (specifically an iced latte from a local bagel shop!)

8) The snowmen paintings my mom sent me for Christmas and the Pooh Bear sweatshirt (pictures coming soon)

9) My husband and I now have matching Naruto t-shirts.  

10) This year we discovered two of our favorite movies - Sing and Sing 2.  I was genuinely surprised at how much we loved both of these movies.

11) This year the girls started making more jewelry and I LOVE it.

12) We got a printer.  Now this may not be earth shattering to some, but we have been without a printer for so long that it was a HUGE blessing.

13) My mom sent me some spring bulbs and mixed into that was some purple grape hyacinths.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE these flowers and have wanted some for so long.  I LOVE seeing these pop up in springtime!!

14) Some of us girls got our ears pierced this year.  Some for the first time, some for the third time.

15) We have enjoyed another year of the Jacquie Lawson Advent calendar.  We LOVE this so much.

16) We recently signed up for Pure Flix.  We were disappointed (deeply!) with Hallmark and Disney got to be too expensive (and they started taking off all of the original, older movies!) so we decided to give Pure Flix a try.  Two of our favorite movies so far : Legacy Peak and Belle and the Beast.

17) We got to go to KY to see my mom again.  

18) Brighter Winter reading grids are set to be emailed out today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment