Thursday, December 28, 2023

Welp,

The year is drawing to a close with us having a miserable cold and feeling terribly yucky.

I don't want to forget the year though, so some highlights:

I read 125 books this year and here is my master list.

My favorite book(s) of 2023 : Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret by Dr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor and Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin and Soul Cold as Frost series by Jennifer Kropf.

I didn't really have a least favorite one...it was more like I wish I hadn't wasted time reading this book, but it wasn't like the worst book I have ever read either. (nothing like the Anastasia book from last year...still bothered by that book!) *edited to add* I actually did find the "worst" of 2023...I keep hearing about this book called The Cruel Prince by Holly Black and how amazing it is.  Tried it.  HATED.IT.  Returned it. It was an epic disappointment and left me asking - why in the world is this book so popular?!?!  It is needlessly cruel and violent.  

I LOVE the Bible study routine that has developed over this year.  After trying out many plans and ways to doodle and journal through the Bible, I began to notice when I simply pull out my Bible and my super fine point colored pens and just read, literally meet with God...amazing things have happened.  I cannot even put it into words, but this has become my most favorite part of the day.

I loved the Bible study we attended in the fall and the new friends we made.  I loved the iced lattes I drank from a local bagel shop.  We struggled through several months of this year with medicine adjustments, side effect management, and coming to grips with a future that looks very different than we anticipated, but thankful we are here, we have survived and God's mercy is new every.single.morning.

I had a "great" idea to split off my blog.  The idea was I would just post here about life and that blog about the reading challenges...what in the world was I thinking?!?!  I don't have time to keep up with both! So, I am going to just going back to blogging here about everything 💖.

Hope you guys have a great rest of your week and that 2024 is your best year yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment