Thursday, January 4, 2024

Week One

We spent from Christmas Eve until New Year's Day in bed.  

Sick.

And miserable.

I was late getting the reading week started...but I kicked it off with two :

SuperFudge by Judy Blume 

and 

Notebook Know-How by Aimee Buckner

to check off two boxes for the Brighter Winter reading challenge.  

SuperFudge was a book that was first read aloud to me in the second grade.  I had THE BEST second and third grade teachers, they prized books and passed on a love of reading to their students by taking the time to read each and every single day to their students.  Those are still (so very many years later) my very favorite memories of school. (this fulfills the challenge to read a book you first heard as a read-aloud)

My mom was a teacher (she is retired now), but this book : Notebook Know-How is one that she passed down to me and it is fantastic.  (this fulfills the challenge to read a book that features a teacher or education)

Now that we are on the mend, every single thing needs my attention.  Laundry, dishes, messy house, appointments to be rescheduled... 

No comments:

Post a Comment