Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Week Two

This week has been busy...

We have had appointments, are back to school after being sick (& the holidays), and have slowly dug ourselves out from under the piles of backed up chores...but in the midst of all of that here is what I read:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (actually listened to this one).  This week's bingo challenge was "Fire" and one of the choices was a Phoenix...so of course I chose Harry Potter.  I think I have read/listened to this series probably a hundred times, if not more.  My favorite are the first five books.  I enjoyed this time through just as much as all the other times.

A Heart Once Broken by Jerry S. Eicher.  This was to fulfill a Brighter Winter Challenge : read a book by an Anabaptist author.  I have read Amish fiction before and am always amazed by how vastly different their lives are from ours.  With that said, I got swept up into the lives of the three women it featured : Lydia, Sondra, and Rosemary.  All-in-all I enjoyed it.  

A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck.  Oh my goodness - Richard Peck is an UTTERLY delightful author.  He can weave together sentences in such a masterful, effortless way making you either laugh out loud or cringe in embarrassment or simply feel any feeling that the character was experiencing.  This was to fulfill the Brighter Winter Challenge : read a John Newberry Award/Medal/Honor book.

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.  This is a re-read and to fulfill the challenge of reading a novella for Brighter Winter.  I honestly prefer to watch "The Man Who Invented Christmas", but this was an easy challenge to check-off. (I finished this this week, but began reading it last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment