Thursday, March 7, 2024

This week...

This has been SUCH a hard week.  Like all I want to do is crawl in bed, eat a bucket of chocolate, and pretend like someone else is in charge and can make the decisions...

I did read two books.  

Well, sort of.

I went ahead and gave another book of Irene Hannon a chance (it is the second book of hers that I read, but the third in this series.  So I read book two first and book three second and skipped book one completely.  If you are confused, that's ok, so am I 😃)

I liked it better than the first book I tried, but I think I am ok not reading anymore of hers.

I guess I better include the title, since it is supposed to count for a book challenge 😐:

Tangled Webs by Irene Hannon.  

What I liked about this book:  It really made me stop and think about right and wrong, even when it is brutally hard.  And how choosing one wrong choice, even for a strong reason...you still cannot foresee the fallout.  You have no idea how your sin will spill over into other people's lives and consequences often stretch so, so much further than you can ever anticipate or prepare for.

The second book is 31 Verses to Write Upon Your Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs.  I am not quite done with this one yet, but I do plan to finish it by Saturday.  I really, really like this book.  It came at the perfect time - with a very sick husband, sick teens, (& the fallout that means), and a pet that heads to the vet tomorrow - it feels like life has imploded this week.  I am SO ready for the weekend and (hopefully) healthier days.  

Hope you guys had a great week 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment