Friday, August 9, 2024

Alias Anna and The Deceiver's Heart

Alias Anna by Susan Hood

This is a novel-in-verse written to tell the story of two very young, gifted pianists as they navigated growing up in the midst of the horrors of the holocaust.  

First of all, this is the second book I have read written in this style and it is a very different way to enjoy a story.  One of my girls LOVES books written in this style.  She read it first, immediately handed it over and said, 'You have to read this!'

Second of all, I am flabbergasted when I read books about WWII and see the very same things and ideologies unfolding today.  Why?!?!  How are we repeating the very same mistakes (although it seems trivial to say 'mistakes' to describe the horror of the holocaust) all over again?

The Deceiver's Heart by Jennifer Nielsen (The Traitor's Game Trilogy) 

OK, so I REALLY liked the first book...but this book was really weird.  At least I found it to be weird.  And the more I read?  The weirder it got.  So, I am not sure if I am going to read book three or not?  I may just thumb through it to see how it ends.  

I am in Revelations and dragging my feet because I don't want my reading plan to end.  I have LOVED this plan.  I think I actually am going to just restart it immediately because I love the time I have spent with God early in the mornings this past year and I don't ever want to go back to the hit and miss reading that has defined most of my adult life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment