Saturday, April 18, 2026

random tidbits

First - I read two books this past week - Vow of Justice (book 4 in the Blue Justice series) and Life Flight (book one in Extreme Measures series).  Both of these books are by Lynette Eason.  

I enjoyed the Blue Justice series overall (although I wish I had skipped book two).  However, I did NOT like the main character Penny in Life Flight.  I am giving book two (Crossfire) a try and so far, so good.

Second - I discovered the most delicious way to eat peanut butter toast this week.  Toast your bread, spread the peanut butter while still hot, and top with fresh raspberries.  OH MY - it was SO good.  

Third - have you ever read Psalm 22 all the way through and then gone verse by verse, using an app like Bible Hub to cross reference each verse?  More than likely you recognize the first lines as the lines Jesus utters from the cross ; "My God, my God, why have you forsaken Me?", but the entire Psalm is full of promise and hope.  It is so incredibly beautiful.  

Fourth - I am reading through the Bible chronologically again this year, and I am in the middle of David's story right now.  Have you seen the movie DAVID (the animated 2025 one) ?  I loved it when we watched it, it blew me away with how beautiful of a movie it was.  I love it even more now that I am reading Saul and David's story in 1 Samuel and a handful of the Psalms.  If you haven't had a chance to see this movie, please, as soon as possible see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment